#NewBoardGameTheme


For a few months, I've been tweeting some quick premises for board games under the #NewBoardGameTheme hashtag. I didn't really have a core agenda for the tag except that I just wanted to bring up some themes with under-explored player interaction, non-eurocentric historical themes, and no presumption of violence as a means to solve problems. Whoops! I guess that is an agenda after all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For posterity, here are the pitches as of January 20, 2014:















A few of these really strike my fancy, including the Turing Test party game, investigative reporting push-your-luck, and the Kyoto Protocol deckbuilder. With my reduced game design schedule this year, I might have time to devote to one or two of these more deeply. Worth exploring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design

Belle of the Ball Guest Name Generator